Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Crying Lady in the Park

I was pretty much the first person that would look for a simple explanation to a "ghost story" told by family or friends. Still to this day every time I tell my story, which is not often, I get a cold chill the same way that I felt that night.

One hot Saturday night after dropping my daughter and niece off at a party my wife and I headed home. We started talking about just things going on at home which eventually sparked up a very heated argument. My wife was crying and did not want our other kids to see her that way. So we went to a park that is only blocks from our home. Once there we continued to argue. This is just not any park. It's a place that has meaning to us. We grew up playing there and a place that has very fond memories for my wife of her father.

She began crying louder and more deeply as she recalled the days of her childhood with her daddy. We had also said very hurtful things to each other. She walked away from me saying to leave her alone. By this time we had been there for a couple of hours and it was about 2:00 a.m. I couldn't leave her there and began looking.

I saw her sitting at the edge of the pond sobbing very hard, when I got close to her she kept saying how she wish she was dead so she could be with her dad. Then as I held her hand I began to hear her echo, so I thought. I guess she must have heard it too because she stopped, looked at me and we both just froze as the crying seemed to get louder.

About 20 feet to our left ironically there is a weeping willow tree with a bench right across from it. And on that bench was a woman sitting, in what looked like a white blouse and a full length skirt, with her head full of black long wavy thick hair buried in her hands. We looked at each other and my wife said we needed to see what was wrong.

As we walked her way I asked her if she was o.k. We got no answer from her after asking her at least three times. I finally decided to ask her in Spanish, "do you need help". What we heard without her as much as looking our way chilled us. The crying then stopped, someone in the most deepest male voice said "no". As we hauled out of there we know there was no way that at 2:00 a.m. we would have seen her or anyone else arrive at the park.

We still go there, fish on the pond and even take our grandson. But as soon people start to leave, so do we.

Written by Mario, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ BEFORE COMMENTING

No profanity, foul, abusive, or insulting language.
Comments must be written in English.
Do not write in all caps.
Do not post personal contact information such as phone number, email address or mailing address in the body of your comment. And do not ask others for their personal contact information.

Comments not following the above rules are subject to being deleted.