Friday, March 12, 2010

Milky White Eyes White Dress Stained With Blood

Every night at around midnight, I always seem to wake up. My eyes would travel to the foot of my bed, almost like an instinct, and I'd see a hunched figure. It was a dark shape, and I couldn't see its face. I'd fall asleep after that, and the pleasant dream I'd had earlier would then be a nightmare. The nightmare would be filled with images of an asylum, a girl gone crazy, her long white nightgown stained with blood.

In the morning I would wake up gasping. My parents kept asking me if I were okay, that they hear me making terrified noises in the middle of the night.

One night I tried to confront the ghost. I was in my bed, covers drawn up to my nose. I stayed up until midnight. That was when I got drowsy. My eyelids suddenly felt heavy and I stifled a yawn. The dark figure didn't appear this time. I tried again the next night. The same result: no dark figure. I was relieved that the ghost had finally left me alone - or had it?

My parents one day told me that they were going to go to Seattle to visit my older brother. I didn't want to come, seeing as I was one of my school's top students and I didn't want to be thrown off track and get behind.

The first night my parents were gone, I had just finished watching TV. It was in the middle of the night, I know, but it was too dark to clarify the real time. You see, my house is rather large. It has long hallways that I often ignored. But tonight, it looked extra dark and extra creepy than usual. As I made my way down to my room, slowly, I kept feeling someone breathing on my neck. In peripheral vision (out of the corner of my eye), I would see a figure clothed in white, dark hair covering their face. I walked faster, but they always seemed to be appearing beside me.

I finally reached my room. I yanked the door open and didn't hesitate; I slammed the door shut. I jumped into my bed, whimpering under the covers. My eyes were squeezed shut as I waited an agonizingly long time.

Finally, curiosity got the best of me. I opened my eyes, and I saw the girl, laying beside me. Her eyes were milky white. I didn't see anything else. I screamed and closed my eyes again. I stayed like that until morning, when I called my parents and told them to come home immediately.

After they arrived, they took me to a physician. They thought I was crazy. But I'm not. I still see her every night. She sleeps in the same bed as I do. Milky white eyes, white dress stained by blood.

Sent in by Asmeralda

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ BEFORE COMMENTING

No profanity, foul, abusive, or insulting language.
Comments must be written in English.
Do not write in all caps.
Do not post personal contact information such as phone number, email address or mailing address in the body of your comment. And do not ask others for their personal contact information.

Comments not following the above rules are subject to being deleted.