This question was posted as a comment Through the Eyes of a Vampire.
Xavier wrote "I am about to be entering another “period of sleep” in what I am estimating to be less than 2 days from now, so until its over I am leaving one of my friends in charge of overseeing my posts, his name is Hekter"
Maia replied with the following:
Xavier / Hekter
Here is an area we haven’t explored and it would be interesting to understand. I have several questions if you don’t mind answering:
1) Do you have to prepare in anyway prior to entering a period of sleep?
2) Why do you need to enter a period of sleep? (I assume you do not sleep 8 hours a day like human)
3) Does one increase cycles of feeding knowing it has to sustain you?
4) Does the sleep evoke some type of vampire regeneration process? if so, can you elaborate? (Is it similar to humans regeneration process or completely different)
5) Can you be awoken during this time or are you dead to the world? (no pun intended because I don’t think you are dead)
6) Can you dream and do you remember your dreams?
Sleep well Xavier and don’t let the bed bugs bite
Sent in by Maia, Copyright 2010