Monday, April 20, 2009

Vampire Ghost Encounter

I was walking home on an August night about 7 years ago. I was 11 at the time and I was interested in the supernatural. I was about to turn at the corner of my block but I stopped. I had no idea why, but I was propelled to go a different way. So I started walking in a completely random direction in utter darkness.

A pair of headlights suddenly lit up in my direction. I couldn't move my legs to get out of the way. For some reason I did not even want to get out of the way and my legs felt like lead. As the car neared I started to feel my blood pumping in my veins. I wasn't scared.

Then for about 7 seconds, I was lifted into the air, out of the car's way. I caught a glimpse of the driver. It was a dark figure with bloodshot expressionless eyes. I still was not scared. Just confused. After a minute or so I finally got my sanity back and started screaming. They came muffled out of my throat. I looked myself over to see if I was alive and okay. There was a hand on my arm but I couldn't feel it.

I looked up at the owner of the hand and I screamed in terror. It was a vampire. He looked almost transparent. His fangs stuck out like walrus tusks. His pale skin was barely visible. He lurched towards my neck and I instantly felt burning pains in my thighs. I passed out.

When I woke up I was lying in the middle of the road. When I got home my parents were hysterical. 'Where have you been?' 'Are you alright?' 'Did someone hurt you?' Why is there blood all over you?'

When I heard my mom say blood I rushed to my bathroom. I examined my neck and sure enough there were two fang marks. My dad came in and asked some more pointless questions. I tried to tell him about the ghost, but he only asked more questions. He barely listened.

The next day I school on my way to class I saw him again. I opened my locker and his face appeared in the mirror. I turned around but of course no one was there but fellow classmates. I almost remember a smirk on his face. I never saw him again after that but I think about it often.

By Bridgett, Copyright 2009 Willard E. Hughes Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ BEFORE COMMENTING

No profanity, foul, abusive, or insulting language.
Comments must be written in English.
Do not write in all caps.
Do not post personal contact information such as phone number, email address or mailing address in the body of your comment. And do not ask others for their personal contact information.

Comments not following the above rules are subject to being deleted.