Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Truth of the Infernal Grimoires

Until recently, my familiarity with the name A.E. Waite was limited to his tarot deck, which my mother was fond of. Most "new age" enthusiasts know him through the tarot. I do not know his work very well. I do know that he was a kind of historian, having written numerous books related to the occult and mysticism.

I remember a book owned by my mother's friend that mentioned Waite. I cannot recall the title or author, but it was a compendium of grimoires. It highlighted the most notorious grimoires, such as, The Grand Grimoire, The Grimoire of Honorious, and Grimorium Verum. There are several versions of these books, and printed in different languages.
Grand Grimoire


Waite's name is mentioned in this book as he was a harsh critic of these magical texts. He was ridiculed by his peers because he spoke out against the authenticity of these books. I want to throw my two cents in on the efficacy of these infamous books of magic.

To be truthful, I have owned copies of many of the most wicked grimoires in circulation today. I use the term "wicked" somewhat tongue in cheek. It took me some time to realize that many of these books are hoaxes. I feel I can state with confidence that these ancient texts have no real magic in them whatsoever. I don't know how I acquired the net bit of information I am about to share. It may have been through intuition, or by some other means.



Let me explain. During the middle ages, and later, lowly magicians were hired by wealthy men, to write grimoires. These wealthy men were interested in magical texts that would give them the power to control the dark forces. These misinformed and misguided fools thought that the evil spirits called upon in this book would give them fabulous wealth and infinite power. Alas, these books have no such power and no real magic.

In my opinion, the author of the The Grimoire of Honorious concocted the rituals contained in them from his wild imagination.

The same holds true of many of the other popular grimoires.

In fact, for many of these books, the author is not known. The century they were written in is also in question.



I do not deny the existence of demons (as we like to think them in American culture). If they do show up as the result of a ritual in any one of these grimoires, it's only because they are drawn to the conjurer. It's certainly not because the magic has any potency in itself.

The truth is evil spirits cannot be forced to comply under human will. It's impossible to have power over them.

The other thing I must stress is that there is no reason to call upon these creatures. They do not have the ability to give us what we seek. I've said this before, but I'll say it again, evil spirits only take from us. They are negative energies and only leave us with misery. They are better left alone.

from the Black Pullet Grimoire
Seeking the good life through grimoires is like looking for pearls in a pile of cow manure. If you have picked up any of these phony grimoires, I highly recommend putting down and following a more reliable route to prosperity.

Try studying the universal laws to gain mastery of the physical world. There is plenty of information on the Internet regarding the law of attraction.

Many people started their journey with The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. There are many spiritual paths one could follow. It's not advised that you take the easy way out. The dark road is deceptive and leads nowhere.

David Almeida is a long-time metaphysicist. He has studied Rosicrucian philosophy and esoteric knowledge for several decades.

David has earned the title of certified hypnotist and Reiki healer.

He is also the author of Illusion of the Body: Introducing the Body Alive Principle - We are all meant to achieve greatness

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dave_Almeida

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ BEFORE COMMENTING

No profanity, foul, abusive, or insulting language.
Comments must be written in English.
Do not write in all caps.
Do not post personal contact information such as phone number, email address or mailing address in the body of your comment. And do not ask others for their personal contact information.

Comments not following the above rules are subject to being deleted.