Let me start with this, I don't and will never care if you believe me or not, I have had many people not believe me over the years and it gets very tiring. I am about 300 or so years old, I was born in Europe during the very late 1600's. Things to know about Vampires in general.
1) I am not evil, I don't kill humans, I use donor blood
2) I don't need blood every day, every 3 or so days I need about a cup of blood to stay strong
3) Sunlight will not kill me, it just gets in my eyes a lot, and irritates me.
4) Once we are "turned" we will stay at that age forever, unless rarely there are those who can alter their appearance
5) A lot of vampires can't "change/turn" people voluntarily, I have a choice when I bite, It comes with my age, I don't do it in evil, if they want to be a vampire then they have to prove to me that they are worthy
6) I am immortal, Time stopped for me a long time ago when I was 30, I can only die by select means, Silver or crosses are not one of them
7) I don't hate humans with a passion, I merely dislike your kind, most humans are ignorant and some are bad hearted, but not all of you are evil by any means
8) I can live off of animals, it is not my choice, they aren't very good to eat, but if I must
9) I do need food and drink to stay alive, much like anyone, but not even close to the amount you need
10) I have no real super powers, I can't shoot laser beams or anything like that, I do have enhanced abilities such as speed and strength. to an extent, I can influence peoples minds to make me seem invisible to them, and change my age appearance, that just comes with age, our abilities increase over the years
11) Finally it was never my choice to be turned, I was attacked, It is a hard existence for me, every one I know will die but I will remain, The clock has stopped for me
I am telling you this to broaden your mind, I am tired of hiding, people need to know, We aren't all evil, we are misunderstood, even so I don't really care, It may seem cruel but I have little to no real emotions anymore, It has become bland to me, I am grateful I still know love, I am trying to get you to understand that anything thats unfamiliar is not bad, just new. Have a nice day, May life treat you all well.
Sent in by Vince, Copyright 2009