I am indeed a vampire. You may not believe I am or want to believe it but I am and that’s all that matters. I myself do not understand the ingesting of blood but your theory does make sense in some ways. Why I am replying is to clear some things up.
1) I do not hate humans. Yes, I may dislike a few of them but that’s not because I’m vampire it’s because they are unpleasant people to be around.
2) I do not live only off of blood. My digestive system is different but not to the point where I can’t have food or water. I still need to eat but I can live only off of blood for a long period of time if needed.
3) I am not evil. I can walk into a church and not “burn” In fact I am a very spiritual person.
4) I do not kill or hurt people when I feed. I live by a rule where I ask before I feed. If they say no then that’s okay with me.
5) I HATE Twilight. Yes twilight is associated heavily with vampires now and it seriously irks me. Sure we can go out in the sunlight but that doesn’t mean we magically sparkle. I applaud Stephanie Meyers however for having a large amount of creativity.
6) My thirst doesn’t make my throat “Burn.” It has much the same effect as if you didn’t have water a few days.
7) I do not change people. This however can vary between vampires I do not go around changing random people and make armies of newborns.
I do not have a “virus” or “sickness”. The cause of the change is through a venom that is found in our saliva.
9) I can live off of animal blood. It isn’t as satisfying but I don’t have to drink from humans though the thought of slaughtering a small bunny makes me sick to my stomach. I’d rather have a willing human than a dead animal.
10) I do not have superhuman abilities. In a sense no I do not have superhuman abilities I am stronger than most people though today's humans are mostly weak little couch potatoes. As a vampire I can go through bursts of energy similar to a humans adrenaline rush, the only difference is that I can choose when to go through these bursts of energy.
11) I don’t bite when I feed. Yes I could if I wanted but it would be a lot messier than a small cut.
Well that took longer than I thought. Anyway I hope that cleared up a bit of your confusion and if not at least you have a bit of trivia on vampires.
Sent in by Jessica, Copyright 2009