Friday, June 3, 2011

Footsteps Down The Stairs

I will never forget this for as long as I live... Ok. About a week ago, I was babysitting for my neighbors. It was around 11:00 pm. I was tired, but I wanted to wait for the baby's parents to come home, (at around 12:30.) I started watching a movie after I put the baby to sleep in her room. I started to have that strange feeling that I was being watched. I figured that it was my imagination again, so I ignored the feeling. Then I heard a loud thump. I ran up the stairs to see if the baby was all right, and of course, little Cassie was sound asleep in her crib. I stared off into space for a while. I didn't know what to do.

I had no idea where the sound came from, and I didn't want to go out of Cassie's room. I went over to the bedroom door and cracked it open. Nothing was there. I slowly made my way to the stairs. I crept down them, listening for anymore sounds, but nothing was heard. As soon as I got to the bottom, I went back to the couch. It was 11:35. I relaxed myself, and dozed off for twenty minutes.

When I woke up, I heard creaking. Now, I had been in this house before, and the only part of the house that creaked like that was the attic ladder. I was angry/horrified and I wanted to find out what was going on, and yet I wanted to get out of that house as soon as I could. I couldn't leave the baby. So, I walked back up the stairs, and over to the attic door. I grabbed a flashlight out of the drawer of the table in the hall. I pulled down the ladder. I looked and looked, and of course, nothing there. Then, I heard something. I slowly came down the ladder and walked toward the stairs.

As I got closer, the sounds became more clear. I stood at the top of the stairs, and realized that what I heard were footsteps. Coming up the stairs. I froze. I could feel something breathing in my face. Then, it grabbed my ankles and started dragging me toward the attic. I struggled, and when I was almost pulled up the ladder, the grip released, and I fell. I jumped up and ran toward the baby's room, but just as I was almost to the door, I was pushed from the right. Hard. Down the stairs. When it pushed me, I hit the stairs halfway down, and tumbled down from there.

The parents walked in and I was on the floor, a sharp pain in my left arm. The mother ran to me, and the father ran up to get the baby. I tried yelling for him not to go up there, but I was still shocked. I told them exactly what happened, and surprisingly, they believed me, (after a few minutes of questions and searching around the house.) They moved not too long after. If you find that you don't believe my story, fine. But I still have the bruises around my ankles, on my forehead, and my broken arm to remember it by.

Sent in by Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ BEFORE COMMENTING

No profanity, foul, abusive, or insulting language.
Comments must be written in English.
Do not write in all caps.
Do not post personal contact information such as phone number, email address or mailing address in the body of your comment. And do not ask others for their personal contact information.

Comments not following the above rules are subject to being deleted.