Friday, June 17, 2011

The Haunted Mansion

In the far end of the woods stood a haunted mansion peering through the trees. The moon’s light lit up the dark stone walls. The house which towered above me had an unusual sense, a sense that seemed that death grew upon it. It was creepy, so creepy that it made me feel that something was slithering behind me.

I was shivering in the misty air, beneath the souls of innocent people. I can feel the wind sweep past my face. The trees were scratching its way down the mysterious, broken, colourless windows. The sight was graved beneath my heart. The screaming haunted my ears.

I felt hungry, surrounded by the lonely trees. The atmosphere haunted me; the taste of death was overcoming me, the sound tried to deafen me, but no it couldn’t no way it can...

I began to realize how close I was to the place now. It looks filthier than it looked over there! Many people say that it was once a boarding school, but closed down after a mysterious death of a teacher in one of the toilets. But who knows what really happened to her maybe a ghost of some kind?

I’m now standing right in front of the door. My heart was pounding, pounding just like a drum being hit on its surface. The air was thick, just like cobwebs hanging in my lungs. The deadly air had a nasty taste; it tasted like death of innocent people whom suffered this abhorrent disaster. There was a sudden SMASH in the corner of the room. I seem to walk slowly towards it not knowing what lies beneath it. Seeming like a secret door I open it with a nasty smile. Maybe it’s just like those movies that when they open a door in mysterious place that lots of gold come in a small room or maybe a room full of wonderful things! As quick as a flash the door slammed behind me “BOOM” It said.

As I walk around the deserted corridors, I shiver with a spooky feeling. I can see the miserable shine of the sun peering through the trees in the window. The house was as deadly as the fire of hell. I suddenly remember how my mother used to cuddle me when I was cold, but she was no way near me now!  The whispering awoke me from my lovely dream.

I felt as if I was stabbed in my heart. The skulls made me feel suspicious that something like that might happen to me. I felt as if I was being watched all the way through the house.  I was terrified, and darted to the nearest room I could see! When I closed the door shut I realized I was on the top floor sitting in a bathroom. I couldn’t breathe properly, as if something was hanging in my lungs. I could ear footsteps coming up the staircase. I could feel my heart thumping in my chest. The footsteps got louder and so did my heart. It seemed as if I was going to faint. The footsteps stopped however I could hear scratching on the door of the bathroom. The sense was more terrifying than ever! It sounded just like my dad but in a deeper voice, but how, my dad died four years ago. No this can’t be, am I dreaming, this can’t be a dream, certainly it can’t!

Sent in by Assrar, Copyright 201

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ BEFORE COMMENTING

No profanity, foul, abusive, or insulting language.
Comments must be written in English.
Do not write in all caps.
Do not post personal contact information such as phone number, email address or mailing address in the body of your comment. And do not ask others for their personal contact information.

Comments not following the above rules are subject to being deleted.